A Strange Television Coincidence

Last night on House, they were treating a crippled guy for a nasty mite infection.  He eventually died in the hospital with his guide dog by his side. When House came in to check the dead guy, the dog was dead as well. Turns out they had given the dead guy Ivermectin, but it fell on the ground and the dog ate the drugs.  “White Feet Don’t Treat” they always say. Ivermectin is commonly used in dogs to treat demodex, a nasty parasite that at this moment in time is cause my dog, Ju Ju Bee, to lose her hair on her face.  Some breads of dog have a protein that will carry the drug across the blood-brain barrier. We put Ju Ju Bee on Ivermectin, ramping up her dose each day to make sure her pupils weren’t dilated and she wasn’t going to die. Just yesterday, as she hit pharmacological doses of the drug, she started acting funny. We broke out my Fiance’s Dr. Penlight thing, and her pupils were dilated. We discontinued the drug, then watched House and nearly shat ourselves. What if we hadn’t checked?Demodex

Advertisements

0 Responses to “A Strange Television Coincidence”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





%d bloggers like this: